How to deactivate your Chrome password manager and switch to LastPass
LastPass will store your Google password so you can sign onto any device or platform where you access Chrome.
- Make sure you are signed into your Chrome browser with your Google account
- In the Settings menu under 'Autofill', click on the 'Passwords' drop-down and switch the toggle off so Chrome no longer offers to save your passwords
- Switch the second toggle off for "Auto Sign-In" so that LastPass can take over filling your credentials on all our favorite sites
- To ensure all your existing saved passwords transfer over to LastPass, export your previously saved passwords and logins into a CSV file
- Take the security challenge to see how strong your passwords are. If you have any weak or reused passwords, use the LastPass password generator to create new ones and update those accounts.
- You can then import the file to LastPass